Product Care & Maintenance
Maintaining Cambria® is easy.
Simply wash with a soft cotton cloth and warm water, and mild soap if desired.
Do not expose, in use or otherwise, Cambria to abrasive, strong alkaline, acid, free radicals, oxidizers, or cleaners of the like (whether high, neutral, or low pH). Various chemicals are corrosive and/or erosive in their ability to attack any structure, including Cambria. Be very aware of these potential damages to its surface.
Cambria IS NOT heat proof, chemical proof or fracture proof in any form. Be aware of damaging exposure to these potential damaging acts upon your Cambria.
Do not use or expose Cambria to such products, including, but not limited to, bleach, oven cleaners, Comet®, Soft Scrub®, S.O.S.® pads, products with pumice, batteries, paint removers, furniture strippers, tarnish or silver cleaners, or the like. Do not use abrasive or harsh scrub pads. Do not apply any sealers, penetrants or topical treatments to Cambria under any circumstances. Such products will wear off and cause the gloss to appear dull or inconsistent. Contact Cambria for further information by calling 1-888-7QUARTZ (1-888-778-2789).
- Cambria is pure natural quartz. Variation in the natural quartz stone color, pattern, size, shape, and shade are unique and inherent characteristics of this product.
- Color blotches are intended and created into many designs to enhance the natural beauty. Samples are small select cuts from a slab; they do not fully exhibit all the design characteristics of the final installed product. These variations do not affect performance and do not qualify for product replacement.
- Cambria is durable and more resistant to surface damage than other stone. However, all stone can be damaged by force and no stone is chip proof. Objects hitting edges, particularly at sinks or dishwashers, may cause chips. Though a minor knife slip will dull the knife and not harm Cambria, no stone surface is scratch proof. Surface markings are more visible on monotone designs than multi-colored design surfaces.
- Cambria is not a seamless product; seams are visible. Where there are seams the product pattern and shade will change.
- Natural stone surfaces can be damaged by sudden and/or rapid change of temperature, especially near the edges, as well as direct and/or sustained heating of the top. Cambria may not withstand the direct transfer of heat from pots and pans and other cooking units such as electric frying pans and griddles, slow cookers, roaster ovens, and heat lamps. Therefore, the use of a closed-weave hot pad or solid trivet like a bread board is always recommended to prevent heating the product.
- Cambria is not a structural support material and must be supported in every application. 2cm and 3cm thicknesses are for countertops; 1cm thicknesses are for horizontal and vertical surface finishes such as walls, tub and shower surrounds, fireplaces, and tub decks.
- Semi-polished finishes (1cm) will not shine, and will soil and appear to stain from soiling.
- Cambria installation is optimized when walls and cabinets are properly prepared for installation. This includes but is not limited to structurally sound, straight, level, and square walls and cabinets. Lack of which may cause poor installation and poor seam fit, or inconsistent countertop overhang and placement.
- Cambria installation does not include qualification of any sink or stove cutouts (any cutouts), faucet hole locations, or cabinet sizes. Cambria is not responsible for verifying if sinks, stove, or other cutout appliances, cabinets, and faucet hole locations fit together well, or at all; this is the responsibility of the owner, general contractor, or the like. Cambria will fabricate cutouts per supplied model/template information. Cambria is not responsible for the accuracy of the information provided.
- Cambria installation does not include any plumbing or electrical work.
For Commercial inquiries, please call 1-866-CAMBRIA (1-866-226-2742).